Saturday, July 16, 2005

Jazz It Up

I haven't had much time to update the blog because my free time's been spent in front of the stereo. I've been buying CD after CD after CD... More recently, I've been on a quest to compile a respectable jazz (and vocal) collection. So far it stands as follows:

Rosemary Clooney - Some of the Best
John Coltrane - Giant Steps
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
Miles Davis - 'Round About Midnight
Miles Davis - The Complete 'In a Silent Way' Sessions
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Blossom Dearie - Blossom Dearie
Duke Ellington - Ebony Rhapsody: The Duke Ellington Vocalists
Ella Fitzgerald - Ella for Lovers
Herbie Hancock - Head Hunters
Billie Holiday - Lady in Satin
Diana Krall - The Girl in the Other Room
Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um
Charlie Parker - The Complete Savoy & Dial Master Takes
Matthew Shipp - Equilibrium
Frank Sinatra - In the Wee Small Hours

There's a whole lot more I could add... I could easily point out the glaring omissions of Louis Armstrong, Sarah Vaughan, Thelonious Monk and Dizzy Gillespie... I welcome suggestions warmly.

0 Comments:

Comment

<< Home