Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Firefox 1.0

I almost forgot to mention that the final release version of Firefox 1.0 has been put out for the past couple weeks now. I just wanted to wait a while to make sure that any possible bugs or kinks had been smoothed out (plus the download servers were getting knocked out for that first week) before posting about it here. It's not too different from what you were working with if you already had the preview release version of 1.0 but y'know...it's the final version.

If you still haven't tried Firefox, do it. In the past five weeks that I've been using Firefox, I have had 3 browser crashes, all early in the usage period. By my estimation, Internet Explorer crashed on me 3 times a day! How's that for a comparison?

Do you IE users have Ad-Aware, Spybot Search & Destroy, a pop-up blocker, and a firewall/cookie manager? I'm willing to bet that you have all of these things. I couldn't survive without those programs, that's for sure. I had to run them everyday in order to keep my browsing experience going smoothly. Well, that was life with Internet Explorer. With Firefox, I haven't had to touch those things even once. Amazing. The more I use it, the more I fall in love with Firefox...

0 Comments:

Comment

<< Home